June 2, 2022
Genesis Covenant Church recently received a letter from the Office of the Sheriff, Domestic Violence Division, Prince George’s County, Maryland. We are informed that Domestic Violence cases in Prince George’s County have increased substantially, and resources are desperately needed.
Please see items needed by persons when leaving an abusive situation:
- Non-perishable foods: Individually packaged crackers, cookies, peanuts, tuna packets, etc.
- Clothing: Infants, children, and adults (generic t-shirts and summer clothing for men and women, underclothes and socks). Used summer clothing in good condition are acceptable.
- Infant /Child Items: diapers, pull-ups, wipes, blankets
- Toothpaste, deodorant, toothbrush, Body wash and body lotion
The above items are vital when assisting domestic violence victims that have fled their homes with no belongings. If you are interested in donating any of the above items, please feel free to drop them off at:
- RR&BBB Farm (The Slades’ Home), 16601 Tanyard Road, Upper Marlboro, MD 20772 starting Saturday, June 11, 2022 and each Saturday thereafter until the final date of Saturday, June 25, 2022. Deliveries should be made between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. If the Saturday drop off date does not work for you, please feel free to schedule a date during the week.
- Ron and Deedra Jones, 3105 Elizabeth Ida Court, Clinton, MD, Items may be dropped off starting Saturday, June 11, 2022 and each Saturday thereafter until the final date of Saturday, June 25, 2022. If the Saturday drop off date does not work for you, please contact Deedra Jones for a convenient date and time.
- Genesis Covenant Church Worship Location, 8000 Dyson Road, Brandywine, MD on Sunday mornings only. Please give items to Deedra Jones or Rita Winters.
Once the donated items are collected, all items will be picked up on Saturday, June 25, 2022 from the RR&BBB Farm by the Sheriff Department, Special Victim Advocates, and they will deliver the items to the victims as they assist in receiving a protective order.
If you have any questions regarding any of the above information, please feel free to contact Sister Deedra Jones at 301-292-1076/301-346-5325 or Sister Rita Winters at 240-607-2556.